Artiphp - CMS open source et gratuit
Vous êtes ici » Accueil/Forum
Saisissez votre recherche
RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer    ProfilProfil 
Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

was just an uphill battle the rest of the game." Utahs

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Artiloo.com Index du Forum -> Suggestions
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
bellis555

MessagePosté le: Jeu 28 Sep 2017 3:40    Sujet du message: was just an uphill battle the rest of the game." Utahs Répondre en citant

OTTAWA - For the second straight year the Ottawa Senators have lost their captain on the opening day of NHL free agency. Deshaun Watson Texans Jersey . The Senators traded Jason Spezza, who was coming off his first year as captain, to the Dallas Stars on Tuesday for winger Alex Chiasson along with prospects Alex Guptill, Nicholas Paul and a second-round pick in 2015. Ottawa prospect Ludwig Karlsson was also part of the trade. Last year the Senators bid farewell to longtime captain Daniel Alfredsson after he chose to sign with the Detroit Red Wings. News of Spezzas departure was much less shocking to Senators fans, as the 31-year-old had requested a trade following the end of the season. "It was a combination of things and the fact I have one year left on my deal," said Spezza, when asked for the reasons behind the trade request. "Only having one year left on my contract I thought it was fair talking to Bryan (Murray) now so we dont get into a situation next year where were always talking about if Im extending or why Im not extending or whats going on moving forward. "I felt like it was best for me to move on and this was the appropriate time to take care of all this through the summer so that I can have a fresh start during the season and move on and the team can move on as well." Senators general manager Bryan Murray acknowledged this was a very difficult deal to be made. "As I said all along you dont get equal value for a skilled point getter, but with the request being three or four times made to us, and in spite of what everybody else says we didnt encourage any movement, we were asked if it would happen," said Murray. "I didnt want to go through another summer of issues … Dallas was the one option that I had. Jim Nill was very straightforward in what he could offer me." Murray told reporters that a contract extension had been offered and refused by Spezza. He said three trade offers had been in play at the NHL draft last weekend, but disappeared as the days went by leaving the Dallas offer as the lone deal on the table. The Senators would like to add another centre to their lineup and Murray said hes working on a deal that he hopes to finalize soon. With Spezzas departure Murray sees the Senators forging a new identity and believes Chiasson will fit right in. "Weve always wanted to shift to a hard working, competitive team that we had two years ago and then last year for some reason we got off the track," said Murray. "Were going to try and get that back on track." Chiasson, who had 13 goals and 35 points with the Stars last season, is the centrepiece of the trade, but in no way will the 23-year-old replace Spezza. Love him or hate him, Spezza was a point-per-game player over his 11 seasons with the Senators. In 686 games Spezza scored 251 goals and had 687 points. Spezza is in the final year of his contract with a $7 million cap hit and $4 million in actual salary. Over the course of his career Spezza has often been a lightning rod for criticism, and things seemed to come to a head this season for the veteran centre. When asked whether or not he felt the criticism was fair, Spezza said it came with the responsibility of being a star player. "I was the highest paid guy on the team and the guy who had been there for a long time so fingers were pointed at me at times, but I also got credit at times," Spezza said. "When you play in a Canadian market and you play in a city like that and youre in the same spot for a long time if you expect not to have the finger pointing you have unrealistic expectations. So at times the finger was pointing at me, but it was the reality of the situation that I was in." Spezza said his decision didnt come lightly and that he will miss many things about Ottawa, but in the end he was looking for a team that would give him the best chance at winning a Stanley Cup. Fans will remember that Alfredsson uttered nearly the exact same words last year after signing with Detroit. With two of its top players bolting from the organization one has to wonder what effect this will have on the Senators reputation. Murray is clearly frustrated by the perception that Ottawa is being viewed as a frugal team thats not willing to spend. "Ive never had one player Ive called and asked if they would be interested in coming to Ottawa say No Im worried about the money on your team and I wouldnt come," said Murray. "Perception is what you make it to be and what you really believe to be true. I think players know they come here and are treated well." Despite losing Spezza and Alfredsson in the span of two years, Murray said the team wont be forced to go into a rebuild. "No, were past that," said Murray. "Were going to have a good hockey team. Were going to compete. We lose a little bit at centre ice, we gain a little bit on the wing, weve got a couple of young guys coming that are going to be a different brand of player…I think our team is going to be really competitive, hard working group of people. I think were going to be well off going forward." Joining Spezza in Dallas is Ales Hemsky, who turned down an offer from the Senators for a contract extension. Hemsky was acquired at the trade deadline and showed chemistry with Spezza, but knowing the captain wanted out left Hemsky with little reason to remain in Ottawa. Both players said they were looking forward to being reunited in Dallas. The Senators did re-sign left-wing Milan Michalek to a three-year, $12-million contract Tuesday. Murray said Michalek had been offered a five-year offer elsewhere, but chose to remain in Ottawa. Zach Cunningham Jersey . -- Stacy Lewis shot 7-under 65 to lead the LPGA Tour team to the championship of the 3Tour Challenge on Tuesday. Zach Cunningham Youth Jersey . -- Washington Capitals forward Brooks Laich is expected to miss the rest of the regular season after having an operation on a groin muscle. http://www.footballtexansgearsshop.com/Black-Deshaun-Watson-Texans-Jersey.html?cat=949 .com) - Joe Pavelski scored twice to lead the San Jose Sharks in a 5-2 win over the Edmonton Oilers to split a home-and-home set.DENVER -- Gordon Hayward and Trey Burke found a rhythm the Denver Nuggets backcourt could not match. Hayward scored a season-high 30 points to go with a career-high 13 rebounds, Derrick Favours had 19 points and the Utah Jazz rallied after blowing a big third-quarter lead to beat the Nuggets 103-93 Friday night. Point guard Trey Burke had 10 points and 10 assists for his second double-double in a week. Wilson Chandler and Jordan Hamilton had 17 apiece for the Nuggets, whose starting backcourt of Ty Lawson and Randy Foye was outscored 40-0. "Ty Lawson just came back off injury so you give him the benefit," Utah coach Ty Corbin said. "But I like the way our guys played." Brian Shaw couldnt say the same for his starters. A week after giving up 39 first-quarter points to the Boston Celtics, Shaws team allowed the Jazz to put up 33 in the first 12 minutes. "The first quarter was the beginning of the end for us. They were hitting everything," Denvers coach said. "Our defence was terrible. We scored 28 ourselves, which is plenty enough but continuing to give up those big quarters is not going to get it done for us." The poor starts have Shaw considering making a change in his starting lineup. "I dont know if I have to shake it up or what I have to do with that starting lineup, the chemistry for whatever reason is not there," he said. "Its putting too much pressure on our bench night after night." The Nuggets struggled from the foul line, going 14 for 24, while the Jazz hit their first 13 free throws in going 19 of 20 from the line. Denver fell to 6-3 on its home court after losing just three times at Pepsi Center all of last year. The Jazz, meanwhile, are happy to steal one on the road. After starting the year 1-14 Utah is 5-5 in its last 10 games. "We have all of our guys," Corbin said. "We have different options." They needed them against Denver after the Jazz scored just 10 points in an 11-minute stretch spanning the third and fourth quarters. The Nuggets, who trailed by 16 early in the third, finished the quarter on a 26-8 run to go ahead by two. The lead grew to four bbefore Utah responded. Zach Cunningham Womens Jersey. Hayward and Richard Jefferson had three-point plays and Favours putback gave the Jazz a 94-89 lead. "I remember Rich kind of bringing everyone together and saying, Theyre a good team, they made theyre run, now its our turn to make a run, Hayward said of Jefferson. "We slowed down and kind of made one of our own." Denver cut it to 96-93 on two free throws by Andre Miller, but a layup and free throw gave Utah a 99-93 lead and the Jazz closed it out from there. "They came out and hit us early," Miller said. "Four or five 3-pointers to start the game. It was just an uphill battle the rest of the game." Utahs nine-point halftime lead grew to 16 but Denver rallied. Hamilton hit a 3-pointer and a fadeaway jumper to give the Nuggets a 70-69 lead with 2:43 left in the third. It was their first lead since 4-3. Hamilton hit a breakaway layup and a free throw at the end of the period to give Denver a 75-73 lead heading into the fourth. "We kept our poise, we stayed together," Jazz forward Marvin Williams said. The Jazz used strong shooting to take the early lead. Utah hit its first four 3-pointers and made six of seven in the first period. The Jazz cooled off in the second quarter, but used a strong finish to the half to lead 53-44 at the break. Hayward had 14 points at the intermission and Williams 11. Chandler had 13 points at the break for the Nuggets, who struggled from 3-point range (3 for 11) and from the free-throw line (5 for 11) in the first half. "(We) miss 10 free throws in our building, on our court, and we lose by 10 points," he said. NOTES: Hayward has two 30-point games in his career and both have come against Denver. ... There was a moment of silence before the national anthem for Arapahoe High School staff, students and families affected by the shooting at the suburban Denver school on Friday afternoon. ... Friday marked the 30th anniversary of the highest-scoring game in NBA history. Detroit beat the Nuggets 186-184 in three overtimes in Denver. ... The Jazz have the best 3-point shooting percentage (45.4) in the league during December. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Artiloo.com Index du Forum -> Suggestions Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: