Artiphp - CMS open source et gratuit
Vous êtes ici » Accueil/Forum
Saisissez votre recherche
RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer    ProfilProfil 
Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

sitter for Saturdays race was clipped by Carlos Munoz before

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Artiloo.com Index du Forum -> Les modules
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
bellis555

MessagePosté le: Sam 25 Nov 2017 3:09    Sujet du message: sitter for Saturdays race was clipped by Carlos Munoz before Répondre en citant

MIAMI -- Henderson Alvarez has pitched well against a number of teams, especially the Philadelphia Phillies. Portland Trail Blazers Jerseys . Alvarez pitched into the eighth inning to outduel Cole Hamels and the Miami Marlins beat the Philadelphia Phillies 2-0 Tuesday night. "This is the second time Ive faced him and hes gone on to pitch good games and it kind of helps me go along as well," Alvarez said. Alvarez (12-6) gave up five hits and struck out two over 7 2-3 innings to lower his ERA to 2.70. Jeff Baker and Casey McGehee had RBIs for the Marlins in the 2-hour, 20-minute contest. "When he gets into a rhythm, he gets quick outs and he was able to do that, which allowed him to stay in the game and he did exactly what we needed him to," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "We got him his two runs and we were able to hang on." Alvarez is 2-0 with a 1.52 ERA in six starts against the Phillies this season. "Id say for the most part hes given us a tough time this year," Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg said. "Hes good with his live fastball. Hes got some body action out there that has some deception to it, but Id say overall hes pitched good against us." Hamels (9- allowed seven hits and two runs in seven innings. He struck out four and walked one. Alvarez issued a two-out walk to Carlos Ruiz in the top of the eighth inning, ending his night after 97 pitches as he was replaced by left-hander Mike Dunn. After Chase Utley singled, Dunn struck out Ryan Howard with runners on first and second to end the inning. Steve Cishek pitched the ninth for his 38th save in 42 chances to preserve the Marlins 16th shutout of the season. Hamels got into trouble in the fourth inning when he allowed consecutive singles to Jeff Baker, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, and Lucas -- who drove in Baker with his base hit to centre. "I thought they were good pitches too, thats what stinks," Hamels said. "They were at least the right pitches I wanted to throw at the right time, they missed by just a hair." The Marlins extended the lead to 2-0 in the fifth after Christian Yelich doubled and eventually scored on a sacrifice fly by McGehee. Only two Phillies runners advanced to scoring position against Alvarez, who calmly retired the next batter each time to end the second and fifth innings. Alvarez was just four outs away from his fourth shutout of the season. "No doubt hes had some adversity along the way, but at the end of it, hes doing a great job and logged a ton of innings and pitched some really big games for us and hes won," Redmond said. Hamels will look to reach the 200-inning plateau for the fifth consecutive season when he makes his final start of the year on Sunday against Atlanta. Alvarez plans on starting the season finale at Washington and hopes to duplicate last years performance when he tossed a no-hitter against Detroit. "Im just trying to go out and have a strong end to the season," Alvarez said. "If it ends like last year, that would be perfect." TRAINERS ROOM Marlins: CF Marcell Ozuna suffered a high ankle sprain on his right ankle during Sundays game against Washington after running into second base. "Well see how he comes in today as far as if theres even a possibility of him playing any more this season," Redmond said before the game. UP NEXT: Phillies RHP Kyle Kendrick (9-13, 4.73) will face Marlins LHP Brad Hand (3-8, 4.59) on Wednesday. Kendrick is 13-3 with a 3.57 ERA in his career against the Marlins. WINS HARD TO COME BY FOR HAMELS Hamels is on pace to establish a new career-best in ERA, but currently only has nine wins in 29 starts. "Yeah (its hard to believe), because sometimes when youre looking at guys that have (low) ERAs, most of them have 18-20 wins," Hamels said. "Its just going out there trying to plug away and work towards something the next year -- I think thats something that I can kind of control. When you start a season and make personal goals, what can you control, and ERA and innings are what you can really control." MARLINS ASSURED OF WINNING RECORD AT HOME With the win, the Marlins improved to 41-38 at home, which assured them of a winning record at Marlins Park for the first time since the stadium opened in 2012. Moe Harkless Jersey . Assistant coach Glen Gulutzan said Thursday that Edler, who played Tuesday in Nashville, is out indefinitely. Zach Collins Jersey . -- Stacy Lewis shot 7-under 65 to lead the LPGA Tour team to the championship of the 3Tour Challenge on Tuesday. http://www.blazersteamofficial.com/customized/ .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons.INDIANAPOLIS -- James Hinchcliffe will have to wait a little bit longer before he can return to the track. The Oakville, Ont., driver was evaluated Tuesday and IndyCars medical team has yet to clear Hinchcliffe to begin Indianapolis 500 practice. He was progressing well and is now cleared to begin light training with a another evaluation set for Thursday. The 27-year old driver was diagnosed with a concussion Saturday when he was hit in the head by debris in the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis. He was taken on a stretcher to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway medical centre and was later transported to a hospital. Hinchcliffe hasnt been made available to the media since. "Pretty much the doctors said he should be a little bit disconnected," E.J. Viso said. "Just pretty much trying to stay in his room and rest." Filling in for Hinchcliffe for the third consecutive day, Viso shot straight to the top of the speed chart on the third day of practice. He reached 224.488 mph within the first 20 minutes of the start of practice. Kurt Busch was second fastest at 224.159 and Colombias Juan Pablo Montoya was third at 224.115. Just before a yellow flag for rain, Montoya pulled off the track and required a tow. The rookie reported an electrical problem with the car. "Thats why I stopped in the grass," Montoya said. "We ran a lot of laps yesterday in preparation for it, so its nothing major and it gives the guys time to catch up on the car." Meanwhile, Viso is spending each practice session with the intent to qualify and even race Hinchcliffes No. 27 car in this years Indy 500. That kind of focus, Viso believes, will have him best prepared should have be called on for the May 25 race. "I just put myself into the drivers role," he said. "I believe that its the best scenario that I could put myself in right now is with that mindset." Theres still a chance that Hinchcliffe could return in time for IndyCars signnature race. C.J. McCollum Jersey. Nothing has been offered to the Venezuelan, but if thats the case, Viso hasnt ruled out stepping into another car to race in the Indy 500. "If its a competitive ride, I will of course take it," he said. "Trust me, theres nothing worse than being lapped every two laps, so for that I truly dont know if its worth it. Its not like Im dying to do it, but Im dying to do well and to have a chance to win." Four other things to know from Tuesdays practice session: FAST HONDA: Honda engines recorded some of the top speeds, with seven of the top 10 fastest cars. The three fastest Chevy cars on Tuesday were Montoya, Scott Dixon (223.235), and rookie Sage Karam (222.635). PRACTICE CANCELLED: Teams wasted no time getting on the track for practice. Twenty-six cars made their way to the pits within the first 20 minutes of the start of practice before rain and thunderstorms ended track activity early. Teams have been pressed for time after a quick turnaround from Saturdays race. Rain is in the forecast for the remainder of the week. OPPORTUNITY TO RELAX: Josef Newgarden had no problem with Tuesdays practice being called early. The inclement weather that cut practice short gave the 23-year old and his crew a chance to relax after a busy stretch. By the third day of practice, Newgarden said many teams have made the full transformation of going from road course to oval racing in a short amount of time. "Most people by now are pretty sorted," Newgarden said. "Theres not a lot to do. Theres not big items you have to take off the list. Its all little things that youre looking for now." FIRST PRACTICE: Sebastian Saavedra returned to practice for the first time since wrecking at the start of the Grand Prix of Indianapolis. The pole-sitter for Saturdays race was clipped by Carlos Munoz before he was hit from behind by Mikhail Aleshin. Saavedra completed just seven laps and reached 208.985 mph on Tuesday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Artiloo.com Index du Forum -> Les modules Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: