Artiphp - CMS open source et gratuit
Vous êtes ici » Accueil/Forum
Saisissez votre recherche
RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer    ProfilProfil 
Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

ctory. She has dropped from first to 45th in the world

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Artiloo.com Index du Forum -> Bar
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
bellis555

MessagePosté le: Jeu 24 Aoû 2017 3:51    Sujet du message: ctory. She has dropped from first to 45th in the world Répondre en citant

TORONTO -- No one was more surprised by Jon Cornish capturing the 2013 Lou Marsh award as Canadas top athlete than the Calgary Stampeders running back himself. Joel Veltman Jersey . Cornish narrowly defeated Milos Raonic, the first Canadian mens singles tennis player to achieve a top-10 world ranking, and Kaillie Humphries, who dominated the womens bobsled circuit this season, for the honour. "I really didnt know anything was going on, I was just getting ready to go for a day of work," said Cornish, employed as a bank rep in Calgary during the off-season. "My phone is always on silent so my iPad was getting most of my notifications and it started making a lot of noise and so I was wondering but I was playing video games so I wasnt really too worried about checking my iPad. "But then (Stampeders communications director) Jean Lefebvre called and informed me that I had been selected . . . this was a nice little addition to my day." And in a truly CFL moment, the 29-year-old Cornish spoke to reporters during a conference call while on a break at the bank Monday. Cornish became just the third Canadian to win the CFLs outstanding player award after rushing for a league-high 1,813 yards. That broke his own record for the most rushing yards in a season by a Canadian. The native of New Westminster, B.C., also led the league with 2,157 yards from scrimmage and 14 TDs en route to being named the CFLs top Canadian for a second straight season. Hes the first Canadian to win the CFLs top player award since Ottawa Rough Riders tight end Tony Gabriel in 1978 and the first CFL player to claim the Lou Marsh award since legendary Ottawa quarterback Russ Jackson did so in 1969. But moments after Lefebvre had informed Cornish, the Stampeders star received a call from his mother, who fittingly was the first person he shared the good news with. "She didnt know I had been selected, she just called," Cornish said. "And then I told her so it was good timing on her part." Damian Warner, figure skater Patrick Chan and Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews were the other award finalists. The trophy is awarded annually to Canadas top athlete as selected by representatives of Canadas leading news organizations. Its named after a former Toronto Star sports editor. Cornish was a finalist for last years award, won by womens soccer star Christine Sinclair. "To have my name mentioned alongside Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Sidney Crosby, Steve Nash, Christine Sinclair," Cornish said. "Its insane to me that I could be selected. "Im still sort of taken back by, I dont want to say the repercussions but the possibilities that this award sort of creates." And for Cornish, he hopes winning the Lou Marsh award will result in future football players aspiring to be recognized among the countrys best and biggest athletes. "In terms of true Canadian superstar athletes playing football theres not many," he said. "The recognition I get, people will see, I can get that recognition, and theyll try and strive to do the same things Ive been trying to do. "I love the sport of football and so knowing we can be eligible to win this award through football will probably encourage people to push themselves a little bit harder and maybe we can get more Canadian football players winning the Lou Marsh award." Kenny Tete Jersey . Austin Watson, Scott Ford, Filip Forsberg and Mark Van Guilder had the other goals for the Admirals (30-21-12). Scott Darling made 30 saves for his 10th win of the season. Bas Dost Jersey . This is the final meeting of the season between these teams.? The Capitals were 5-4 winners in a shootout Oct. http://www.nationalnetherlandfootball.com/ . Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist stood tall with 41 saves between the pipes, but it was defenceman Ryan McDonagh who got the first star of the game as he had a goal and an assist and now has two goals and four assists for six points in two games.PHOENIX -- Mirim Lee is just getting started on the LPGA Tour -- and isnt taking baby steps. Neither is 16-year-old Lydia Ko. Lee shot a 5-under 67 on Friday in the JTBC Founders Cup to take a two-stroke lead over Ko into the weekend. The 23-year-old South Korean played the final eight holes in 5 under, making an eagle and three birdies to reach 13-under 131 at Desert Ridges Wildfire Golf Club. "I played a little boring on the front nine, so I went more aggressive on the back nine and it worked well," Lee said. "So, now I plan on being aggressive the rest of the week." Ko, the Canadian Womens Open winner as an amateur the last two years, shot 66. The first-year pro played a late six-hole stretch in 6 under with an eagle and four birdies. "I just gave myself more opportunities on the back nine," Ko said. Lee is making her third start in her rookie season on the LPGA Tour after winning three times on the Korean LPGA. In her first two events, she tied for 33rd in the Bahamas and tied for 25th in the Womens Australian Open. "I feel more comfortable because here the fairways are bigger," Lee said. "My driver shots play better here." She holed a 35-foot birdie putt on the par-4 13th, saved par on the par-3 14th with a 20-footer, and hit a hybrid from 220 yards to 12 feet to set up the eagle on the par-5 15th. "All this week, hybrids have not worked for me, so I felt very fortunate," Lee said. She also birdied the par-4 18th, hitting a 9-iron to 2 feet. Born in South Korea and raised in New Zealand, Ko won the Swinging Skirts World Ladies Masters in December in Thailand in her second start after turning pro in October. She has five victories in professional events, also winning in Australia and New Zealand. Ko began her back-nine run with birdies on Nos. 12 and 13, eagled the 15th and birdied Nos. 16 and 17. After going hungry on the course in the first round, she stocked up Friday. "I had a protein bar and like a prottein jelly and theres always a peanut butter sandwich in there," Ko said. Joel Veltman Netherland Jersey. "I actually noticed that it was in my bag yesterday, but I didnt find it, so it was actually more done." Sun Young Yoo was third at 10 under after a bogey-free 65, matching the best round of the day. The 2012 Kraft Nabisco winner played the back nine in 5-under 31. "I was more patient today," Yoo said. "Overall, everything was working very well." Top-ranked Inbee Park was 9 under along with Bahamas winner Jessica Korda, Chella Choi and So Yeon Ryu. Park, playing alongside Ko and Korda, also eagled No. 15 in her 69. "I left a lot of putts out there," Park said. Korda and Choi shot 66, and Ryu had a 67. Michelle Wie topped the group at 8 under, following her opening 66 with a 70. She had four straight birdies in the middle of the round to take the lead at 10 under, then bogeyed the par-5 fifth -- her 14th hole of the day -- after hitting over the green from a greenside bunker. "I thought I hit a really good bunker shot and I flew it 15 yards past the green," Wie said. "So, that was a good one. ... It went over everyones head." She also dropped a stroke on the par-4 ninth. "All day today I just felt like I could have shot a lot more under par," Wie said. Defending champion Stacy Lewis, 2011 winner Karrie Webb, and Morgan Pressel were 7 under. Lewis and Webb shot 71, and Pressel followed her opening 65 with a 72. After playing the first 11 holes Thursday in 9 under, Pressel was 2 over on the next 25. DIVOTS: Yani Tseng, the 2012 winner, missed the cut with rounds of 71 and 74. The 15-time tour champion is winless in 46 events since the 2012 Kia Classic, a week after her Founders Cup victory. She has dropped from first to 45th in the world in a year. ... Cheyenne Woods, Tiger Woods niece, also failed to advance in her hometown event, shooting 71-73. She won the LETs Australian Ladies Masters last month. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Artiloo.com Index du Forum -> Bar Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: