Artiphp - CMS open source et gratuit
Vous ętes ici » Accueil/Forum
Saisissez votre recherche
RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer    ProfilProfil 
Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

road with TSN – from Gander to Nanaimo – to celebra

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Artiloo.com Index du Forum -> Suggestions
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
bellis555

MessagePosté le: Mer 01 Nov 2017 9:34    Sujet du message: road with TSN – from Gander to Nanaimo – to celebra Répondre en citant

TORONTO -- They called it a serious mistake that Jonas Valanciunas must learn from. Kyle Korver Jersey . But otherwise the Toronto Raptors players and staff are standing behind their starting centre after he was charged with drunk driving. The 21-year-old apologized to his teammates, and will play in Wednesdays game against the visiting Philadelphia 76ers, but news of his arrest drew a large contingent of media to practice on Tuesday and negative attention to a team bound for the playoffs for the first time in six seasons. "(I was) disappointed a little bit," Raptors GM Masai Ujiri said of his reaction to the arrest. "As an organization, its not something we take lightly, its not something I feel we are just going to brush aside. (But) hes a young kid ... I look at all of you here and I wonder what we were all doing when we were 21, so there are mistakes that are made." Valanciunas was arrested early Monday morning in Wasaga Beach, Ont., a popular vacation destination for college students about 100 kilometres north of downtown Toronto, and charged with having more than 80 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood. Police say they began investigating after a report that a vehicle went through a drive-thru with open beer bottles visible. The Lithuanian met with Ujiri for an hour on Monday, and had his "face in his hands," the GM said. He also met with Tim Leiweke, the president and CEO of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment. "I think he feels he let his teammates down, he let his fans down, the organization," Ujiri said. "Thats Jonas, hes a great kid. And I think he made some kind of a mistake, but I think the most important thing is its not going to happen again, and he understands that." Ujiri spoke to a media horde of more than 40-strong. There were nine television cameras. Valanciunas was not made available to reporters after what coach Dwane Casey said was a great practice by the sophomore centre, but issued a statement with an apology on Monday. "I hold myself to a high standard and take my role as a member of the Toronto Raptors very seriously," Valanciunas said. "I apologize to the organization, my teammates, my family and my fans, and regret any negativity this incident has brought upon them." Valanciunass first court appearance is scheduled for Collingwood, Ont., on April 22, which is a couple of days after the start of the playoffs. Valanciunas does not have to attend and so a lawyer will stand in for him. He still may face a suspension of a couple of games by the NBA, but that wouldnt come until the results of his trial which would likely be during the summer. The Raptors will decide on any further punishment such as a fine or suspension following the leagues ruling. Most of the Raptors and their families attended the Toronto Blue Jays game on a day off from practice Sunday. Ujiri said Valanciunas instead went to Wasaga Beach with his wife and some friends. The seven-footer is averaging 11 points and 8.6 rebounds a game, and his growth this season is a big part of why the Raptors are in third in the Eastern Conference and poised to win the Atlantic Division title. Casey spoke of Valanciunas much like he would a son. "Like I told him, Im upset with him and disappointed, but hes mine so we love him," Casey said. "He made a mistake, but like any other young man has probably done before, or had the opportunity before. We dont condone it, the organization doesnt condone it, and its a tough time of year to do it. But its happened. ... "We all make mistakes, its what we do after it that is how were going to be judged." Kyle Lowry said the young teammate that he views as a little brother was "sick right now" over the mistake. "Hes really hurt by it, hes really embarrassed by it, very disappointed in himself. I can tell you that for sure," the veteran point guard said. "Its just a mistake that he made, its unfortunate that it happened to such a good kid in JV, but it happened, hes 21, hes going to learn from it. Im sure hell never make that mistake again," he added. Lowry said his advice was: "Just be more responsible. We have all the benefits of having drivers and taxis. Thats it, be more responsible." Raptors all-star DeMar DeRozan said the incident was a regrettable mistake, but added the players support for each other in any situation is part of what has made Toronto one of the best teams in the East this season. "At the end of the day, were all human. We can look at everybody in here and ask them: have they done something wrong, or made a mistake in life. Its part of life. Its something you learn from and grow from." "No matter what guys go through, were always there for them, family, whatever it may be, somebodys kid is sick ... its always something, and were always there for one another. Thats big because you dont get that with every team that you play for." The Raptors said the negative news wont be a distraction to the team that has won six of its last seven games. "Not at all," Lowry said. "We had a great practice today, really spirited, really competitive, really positive vibe in there." "Ive been coaching since 79 and Ive seen a little bit of everything," Casey added. "This is very serious, a very serious matter, but its not enough to distract the team and that type of thing. "His teammates were very supportive of him, and to them its a great lesson also, the focus and the discipline you have to have in your own life to go forward." The last Raptor to be charged with drunk driving while still a member of the team was Dee Brown, who was stopped by police in 1999 in Toronto and charged with impaired driving and later convicted. But a judge found he was a victim of racial profiling and overturned the conviction. Cleveland Cavaliers Jerseys . -- D. J. Williams finally has his packing strategy down. Custom Cleveland Cavaliers Jerseys . - The width of Alec Martinezs shin guard was the difference between the Los Angeles Kings and the Anaheim Ducks in their playoff series opener. http://www.authenticcavaliersauthority.com/terrell-brandon-cavaliers-jersey-c-15/ . There was little fanfare, though, when the Yankees captain was taken out of his final regular-season Subway Series game in the eighth inning. Jeter watched the last four outs from the bench, pulled off the field during a double switch Thursday night as the Yankees held off the Mets 1-0.In celebration of Canada Day, Kraft Canada and TSN today revealed the Top 10 winning communities for this years Kraft Celebration Tour(#KCT), which helps Canadians build better places to play. Each Top 10 winner receives $25,000 towards their community project, plus for the first time, a chance to take home a total of $100,000 as decided by Canadians over two days of online voting July 21-22 (see below for more details). All winners will also host a live broadcast of Canadas #1 sports news program, TSNs SPORTSCENTRE, as part of this summers cross-country tour from August 15-24. Top 10 Winners The Top 10 winning communities and Kraft Celebration Tour dates are as follows (click on each community to read more about their community project): Outdoor skating rink – Montebello, Que. – Friday, Aug. 15 Community boathouse – Nanaimo, B.C. – Saturday, Aug. 16 Youth activity centre and skate park – St. Andrews, N.B. – Sunday, Aug. 17 Barrhead Curling Club – Barrhead, Alta. – Monday, Aug. 18 Springhill Lions Park – Springhill, N.S. – Tuesday, Aug. 19 Kinsmen Water Park – Prince Albert, Sask. – Wednesday, Aug. 20 Birchwood Field – Charlottetown, P.E.I. – Thursday, Aug. 21 Holland Recreation Committee – Holland, Man. – Friday, Aug. 22 Gander Community Tennis Association – Gander , N.L.. – Saturday, Aug. 23 The Miracle League of Ottawa – Ottawa, Ont. – Sunday, Aug. 24 “Were inspired by each of these Top 10 communities and how they demonstrate their passion and commitment to building better places to play. Were very proud to partner with them to create Kraft Celebration Tour legacies that will live on forever,” said Jack Hewitt, Vice President, Consumer Insights and Portfolio Marketing, Kraft Canada. Jeff Green Jersey. “We cant wait to hit the road with TSN – from Gander to Nanaimo – to celebrate with the Top 10 by raising a cup of Maxwell House and letting our fun out with KD.” “The Kraft Celebration Tour is a tremendous source of pride for all of us at TSN. As Canadas Sports Leader we are devoted to bringing sports to Canadians, and there is nothing quite as rewarding than partnering with Kraft Canada to encourage active living,” said Stewart Johnston, President of TSN. “For the sixth summer in a row, we look forward to having SPORTSCENTRE hit the road and uniting Darren, Jennifer, Kate, and Nabil with TSN fans across Canada.” Leading the on-the-road SPORTSCENTRE editions on the West side are anchors Darren Dutchyshen and Kate Beirness. The Eastern leg of the Kraft Celebration Tour is led by anchors Jennifer Hedger and Nabil Karim, the Toursnewest recruit. RDS joins the Kraft Celebration Tour festivities in Québec, with Luc Bellemare, Michel Laprise and Geneviève Langlois hosting a live broadcast of SPORTS 30 LE MAGAZINE from Montebello, Que. Whats Next The Top 10 winning communities will go head-to-head in an online voting battle to determine which community will win the grand prize of $100,000 in total On July 21 and July 22, its up to Canada to decide the grand prize winner by casting a vote on kraftcelebrationtour.ca The grand prize winner will be announced on SPORTSCENTRE on August 25 – the day after the final Kraft Celebration Tour stop Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Artiloo.com Index du Forum -> Suggestions Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: